Thursday 24 May 2018

GEAR | Thule AllTrail Backpack 45 Litre Backpack Review

Thule AllTrail 45l backpack

What is it?

Thule AllTrail 45L Women’s Backpack
RRP: £140

Stockists

Features

  • Attain the perfect fit with 10 cm/4 in of torso adjustability
  • Customize the Thule VersaClick compatible hipbelt with any of the interchangeable Thule VersaClick accessories (most sold separately)
  • Conveniently store trekking poles on your hipbelt without taking off your pack using the included Thule VersaClick Pole Holder
  • Gear stays dry during storms with high-visibility, removable rain cover
  • Stay cool with breathable shoulder straps, hipbelt padding and back panel
  • Quickly store and access gear on the go through front shove-it pocket
  • Stay hydrated with the dedicated hydration sleeve with drink tube exit port and two side water bottle pockets (hydration reservoir sold separately)
  • Easily secure trekking poles or ice axes on attachment loops
  • Easily access gear on the trail through side zipper
  • Keep gear separated and organized with sleeping bag divider

Thule AllTrail backpackThe backpack inside my tent

The verdict

For the past few months I’ve been putting the new Thule AllTrail backpack to the test. In that time I’ve been on countless camping and glamping trips and have used this backpack every time. For me it’s the perfect size for a long weekend away with plenty of space for several changes of clothes, underwear, toiletries and so on.

Thule AllTrail backpackThick padded straps

Whilst I don’t use backpacks as large as this for hiking, I still want something that’s a comfortable fit when walking from my car to my camping pitch. Initially, when I first put the backpack on, I didn’t like the fit at all. It felt like it sat way too far up, perched awkwardly on top of my bum.

Thule AllTrail 45l backpackThe large front pocket

I spent considerable time playing around with the straps and eventually found a much more comfortable fit. In fact one of the things I like most about this backpack (apart from the funky turquoise accent colour) is that it does provide lots of customisation options, so it’s definitely worth playing around with all the straps to get the perfect fit for you.

Thule AllTrail 45l backpackThese straps provide very secure storage for walking poles

The wide thick straps are very well padded and when I’ve worn it over short distances, it has remained comfortable, so I wouldn’t have any concerns about using this backpack for a hiking and wild camping trip.

Thule AllTrail 45l backpackThe padded straps and back adjustment options

At 45 litres it’s not a huge backpack, but I still find that I can fit lots inside the backpack, and tend to use it a bit like a stuff sack. There are large pockets on either side of the bag which I find endlessly useful for last minute things I always forget and the large front pocket too, for the same reason.

The Thule AllTrail 45 backpack, far right shown next to all my gear taken on a recent glamping trip

If you’re after a superb quality, dependable bag that’s spacious without being too big or heavy, then the Thule AllTrail 45 litre is definitely worth a look. The padding is very generous making both the shoulder and waist straps very comfortable and with so many adjustment options it’s easy to get a really good fit.

Thule AllTrail 45l backpack

Thank you to Thule for supplying the featured product for us to review.

The post GEAR | Thule AllTrail Backpack 45 Litre Backpack Review appeared first on Camping with Style Camping Blog | Activities • Glamping • Travel • Adventure.



from
http://www.campingwithstyle.co.uk/gear-thule-alltrail-backpack-45-litre-backpack-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment